Sunday, February 25, 2018

Snowy Egret

The snowy egret is another favorite. So beautiful. I've done two prior posts, here and here
At Orlando Wetlands Park. I love their dark legs with yellow feet. 
At Merritt Island.
I viewed them at both Merritt Island and Orlando Wetlands Park. At the Haulover Canal on Merritt Island, between the Mosquito Lagoon and Indian River Lagoon, I saw a flock of them doing fly-overs. I got photos in varying levels of light which are kind of fun.
Here they are in full color. The distinctive trailing yellow and black legs give them away. 
A much darker version.
Something midway.
For such a beautiful bird, they tend to like metal culverts. They make the culverts much more attractive, but they are so much more beautiful in a natural setting. 
The beauty on a metal culvert.
Another metal culvert.
A nicer setting. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the feathers that look like long hair. It doesn't look like they all have them. Do they?

    ReplyDelete