Friday, March 6, 2020

Pacifica Seafood Restaurant - Palm Desert

One of the best seafood restaurants in inland Southern California is found in Palm Desert, an unlikely spot for such fare. About the only water you see in this area is found as obstacles on golf courses (and even then there are many more of the native sand traps), or spraying out of sprinklers. 
A Dungeness crab Louis salad with lots of crab, as well as avocado and hard boiled egg. The carrots had been partially cooked and were quite soft. It was a nice touch. 
I've now eaten there three of four times, twice as part of my firm's annual retreat. Unfortunately, I don't have many photos. 
BBQ sugar spiced salmon with garlic mashed potatoes, Chinese beans and mustard sauce. I loved the potatoes and the beans, but the salmon was a little bit too cooked for me. I normally have to tell waiters that I want it rare in the middle and didn't.  
Several of my partners have also been back on multiple occasions, one who is an avid sea fisherman and the other who loves fish. So I'm not the only one with this favorable opinion. 
Oysters on the half shell.
Pacifica generally knows how to cook fish. They understand that to overcook it is to ruin it. I had swordfish my first time there and it was excellent. My partner that is a fisherman and often eats swordfish proclaimed it the best he'd ever had. 
A sample tray with shrimp, Alaskan king crab and other items. 
A remaining shrimp in a shrimp cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment