Monday, February 27, 2017

Eating Worms

Saturday I was at Anshu Pathak's Exotic Meat Market and one of his employees asked if I'd ever eaten worms. I never have and I've never had any desire to. He showed me the worms they buy to feed to Anshu's chickens and says he's eaten them and they're not bad. 
The worms were dead and dry and looked fairly innocuous, so a took a pinch of them and plopped them in my mouth. There was nothing disgusting or gross about it. No slime, no horrible taste. In fact the taste was almost buttery. So he gave me a small quantity to take home. 
That was a thresh hold I've never anticipated crossing, but it was pretty painless. 

2 comments:

  1. Just when I think you've tried everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a threshold I plan never to cross unless it is a matter of life and death.

    ReplyDelete